Who can dare to say a company name is no big deal? The truth is, it does matter. In fact, you need to get the services of a company name generator to keep tremendous naming mistakes from happening.
Learn from this example. There was once a company who desire to export one of its products, an insect repellent lotion. They were very eager to join a marketing exhibit. They thought it would make such a big hit in Africa. Unknowingly, the product’s name meant an insulting word to the people. The company wished they could do something else. They were dismayed and went home unsuccessful.
See how one wrong move in naming a business can affect the entire plan? That is why gathering business name ideas is a big responsibility. And thanks to business name generators because of their existence, you can get by with the effort they put in conceptualizing product, service, or company names.
But remember, a company name generator is only an instrument that will help you come up with business name suggestions. The responsibility of picking up the best name still lies in you. Do not let your business down by keeping in mind these six tips below to avoid committing huge mistakes in naming your business:
1. According to your list of business name ideas, select which of them clearly states information about your business products or services and the company. It will give people an idea of the business even just by merely hearing or reading the business name you have chosen.
2. Second, consider your target market. If you do not have a clear picture of your target people, do a research or survey. Do not pick the names that would give a negative connotation to them. Choosing for something that they can relate to positively.
3. You are about to complete your list. Among the remaining names, find out the simplest – easy spelling and pronunciation and definitely easy name to remember. Nobody will be able to remember a name they can hardly pronounce or spell.
4. Now, narrow the choices down to three to five names. Let your friends or employees rank the top three names. You will base your final decision according to their choices. Two heads are better than one.
5. From the top three, confirm the availability in the office of the local registry. For those who have online businesses, confirm the availability of domain names. If the name is available to both, then it is a very good sign.
6. You are down to the very last tip, register the business name as soon as possible before anybody else grabs the same name.
That’s it, a simplified step in naming your business. By the way, do not forget that a company name generator must also assist you in choosing a domain name if ever you are having a hard time looking for available domains.